PRESENTATION OF POPULATION OF LOCAL BUTTERFLIES...Sign In or Register to add photos
PRESENTATION OF POPULATION OF LOCAL BUTTERFLIES AND BUTTERFLY PROTECTION INITIATIVES, PRIVATE, LOCAL AND GOVERNMENT
The presentation of the school participants about the "Population of Local Butterflies and Butterfly Protection Initiatives; private, local and government" proved to be so informative and very extensive. The presentation was opened by Delhi International Private School" led by their Principal Mrs Madhu Kansal presented a very extensive a 60-page paper on "Butterflies of India: Local Population Conservation and Preservation" covering the following topics:
1. The Story behind the name "butterfly"
2. Amazing facts about butterflies
3. Distribution of butterfly species in India touching on Biodervisity of the country, Butterfly diversity hotspot
4. List of the bio-diversity of butterflies around the world and India
5. Outline and description of the butterfly families
6. Importance and roles of butterflies
7. Threats to the existence of butterflies
8. Conservation strategy
9. Butterfly farming in India
10. Butterfly Parks in India
11. Complete list of butterflies of India as found at : http://www.ifoundbutterflies.org/
The presentation was continued by the students of St. Mark's Senior Secondary Girls School, Meera Bagh adding additional information on LOCAL BUTTERFLIES AND BUTTERFLY PROTECTION INITIATIVES, PRIVATE, LOCAL AND GOVERNMENT. St. Mark's Sr. Sec. Public School delivered the presentation focusing on Butterflies of Delhi. It has presented the population of local butterflies and the local initiatives in relation to the protection and conservation of local butterflies.
The presentation was attended as well by senior students of Peraugymnasium. They listened attentively and was surprised to learn a lot about India and its butterflies.
All the participants have given their best in researching and presenting their knowledge about butterflies of India which we can offer for the public particularly schools to aid them in butterfly related topics taken in classrooms.
Mr Edmund Huditz and I thank you all for all your efforts and time which you devoted.